Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Called to Serve

Being a Catechist/helper for Religious Education the past 13 years has been a joy. Starting off as a Adult Aide allowed me to see that you do not need to have a teaching or theological background just a love for God, a personal relationship with Christ and desire from the Holy Spirit to share your faith.

I have learned over the years that God does not always call the equipped, but He will equip you if He calls you to serve.  There are years when I feel this is not something I have time to do, but God always provides the time when I feel him calling me to continue.  The blessings of seeing the children learn is a great reward. I continue to learn as a catechist, I always end the year with a better understanding of our Lord.

Blessings,
Mary Albert


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Mary! And, thank-you for your commitment to the youth of our parish! Some of my greatest faith experiences have been times when I was sharing a homily during Children's Liturgy of the Word. It's the best feeling when that look of understanding about Jesus lights up a child's face!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to stimulate and further Catholic adult education in the midst of the world today.

Comments should be expressed respectfully and be focused on moving the issues in discussion forward.