Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I Will Go To The Altar of God - Our Lenten Retreat

Hi SJCC folks -  

https://theflowerguild.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/episcopal-high-altar-lent-two.jpgLast night at the end of the second night of our Parish Retreat, Fr. Neville challenged us to continue our conversation about the two questions that Mr. Jim Brown asked.  His two questions were very good ones that we thought about for a few moments and then shared our responses for a few minutes with the people who were sitting around us. 

The questions he posed were:

(1) During the preparation of the gifts when we bring our "whole selves" to God at the altar, what is it that we are praying for?  What is it that we are thankful for?  What is our prayer at that moment?

(2) When you hear the priest say the words that Jesus spoke at the Last Supper as he raises the bread ("Take this all of you, and eat of it, for this is my body, which will be given up for you.") and the wine ("Take this all of you, and drink from it, for this is the chalice of my blood, the blood of the new and eternal covenant, which will be poured out for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins.  Do this in memory of me.")  what are you thinking about at that moment?

There were some great comments that people shared at the retreat!  Let's continue the conversation here on-line on this blog.  Post your thoughts as comments.  Thanks for participating!!

Lenten Peace!!

Danny G.


1 comment:

  1. During the preparation of the gifts moment in the Mass I think about the gifts that I have to offer to God and ask that He use me and that I be open to the ways that He might want to use my gifts. When the bread/body and wine/blood are raised by the priest I am in a state of profound gratitude at all that I have been blessed with in my life. I try to bow when the priest touches his knee to the floor to remind myself of how thankful I am for God's gift of Jesus to, and for, me.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to stimulate and further Catholic adult education in the midst of the world today.

Comments should be expressed respectfully and be focused on moving the issues in discussion forward.